Tuesday 25 January 2011

Yorkshire Pudding and Noisy Vietnamese Neighbours

So, last night Donovan treated me to a wonderful dinner at Toby's Carvary. A Carvary is where you take your plate up to a buffet line pretty much where there is a guy and he carves you whatever meat you want, they had three choices last night, ham, turkey, and beef, but sometimes they have 4-6 options. Then, once you get your plate of meat and your yorkshire pudding (the size of your hand...not kidding) you then continue on to 10-12 dishes of vegtables. Then you get your choice of 4 different gravies and yes, it is just yummy. Then you eat it (and apparently you can go back...which, I don't get because our plates were piled high.) Paired with this Donovan had a pint of beer...I don't remember the name and I had a glass of German wine that was so smooth it floated on your tounge. :)

 I also met our landlord lastnight. He is a really nice guy I'd say in his mid-forties and he was asking us about the noise level and being the nice people that we are were like "All is really good...are the neighbours on our right...Asian?" And he said "yes, they are Veitnamese and they keep really weird hours." Yes, yes they do. I don't hear them all day until about 9pm when there is shouting and yelling and their child screaming (that is all that kid does...is scream.) And we learnt that he goes back to Vietnam and brings a new girlfriend home with him every 6-12months or so. And they all live in that apartment and he just got back from Vietnam this past weekend. So, that really explains things. Which is helpful. It is also a tad amusing and depressing all in one neat package. And annoying when you are trying to sleep and there is screaming in another language going on. The first time we heard them we were already half asleep and we woke up and Donovan said "I think the entire Chinese Continant is outside!" I just giggled until he realized that 1. There were only two people and a baby, and 2. China isn't a Continant on it's own. :)

Oh the wonders of having neighbours. :)

4 comments:

  1. Way to make me hungry...and yay for interesting neighbors...not so much when they keep you awake though.
    And you know I have to be the one to ask...but what do you mean by Asia isn't a continent on its own?

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooops I mean...Chinese Continant....hehehe and China isn't a continant. Asia is...I wrote this at like 8am. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha okay...I was like...is it just me...?

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol. No. I promise, I'm not dumb. Just...special! :)

    ReplyDelete