Wednesday 19 January 2011

Our Home

Well, I have had two full days here and so far it is wonderful except for the cold that wants to take me out. Jet lag, stress release, and new bed equals not good sleep which then leads to my immune system crapping out on me. But, I am moving forward. I drugged myself last night so I slept beautifully. :)

I have started a nice little routine in the mornings, I get up with Donovan make breakfast which we then eat, after he leaves I wash up (that is how you say "doing the dishes" over here) Get dressed, tidy our bedroom, do my morning devotion, then putter around doing this and that. Today I am going to do laundry...in my kitchen. Yes, my washer is in the kitchen, it's a European thing. I think it could actually be quite handy and useful. Even if it isn't that is how I shall look at it. 

Donovan is enjoying his new job. He is teaching mainly Year 9, 10, and 11; though he teaches some 7, 8, and 12. All of his Year 9 classes are very challanging behaviour wise. He has kids climbing out windows, leaving in the middle of class...just your average stuff. He has Year 9 Parent Night tomorrow night, basically Parent/Teacher Interviews which he isn't really looking forward to because he has only been teaching the kids for 2.5 weeks and he isn't sure what he is supposed to say. Please pray for wisdom as he is learning how to still conduct class and deal with behaviour issues at the same time.

I am going to start looking for a job next week, I have no idea at this point where or what I just know I don't want to work in a school at this time. I'm thinking a coffee shop, bookstore, clothing store. Something like that. At the moment though I am very much enjoying being at home and doing wifey things. :) I also only want part-time but I will take whatever God throws at me. Please pray for the right job to come my way.

Things that I am getting used to is the carpet in our bathroom, having to flip a switch to turn on my outlets, cooker (stove), shower...etc. Also how green it is! The grass is green, there are leaves on some of the trees, and there is no snow. It rains at night and during the morning and so far in the afternoon it has been clearing up and is quite pleasent. 

Well, this is my life so far in England.

Cheers!

4 comments:

  1. Yay for laundry in the kitchen! It is, after all, an adventure. And could there be anything more adventurous than doing laundry in the kitchen? I suggest that there could not ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah Beffy, I am so excited for you. I was thinking about you yesterday and praying and wondering what sort of bosom buddies God will be gifting you with in England. I pray that you will meet close friends and soul sister while you are there. So long as you don't forget the ones back home. ;)

    As for Donovan, I would suggest a stun gun. *nods*

    And I hope you don't accidentlt throw dishes into the washing machine, although that would make for an amusing blog post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah yes, I'm looking forward to the post entitled "Well, Katie warned me..."
    ...make sure you take pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katie, you made my day with your comment. I still giggle every thing about "stun gun" Donovan agrees.

    Thank you for your prayers. A friend would make this transition so much easier. And, I could never forget my friends back home. :)

    I will try not to put my dishes in my washing machine. But I will let you know if it happens! ;)

    ReplyDelete