Monday 24 January 2011

Rejoice in the Lord!

Donovan and I had a wonderful weekend together. On Friday we had a nice Stir-Fry and we watched "The Other Guys" Saturday we walked to the Weston Favell Centre went for coffee, Donovan got a haircut, went to the library and I got a cookbook!! We did some shopping...and this time I followed my list and wasn't quite as overwhelemed! Yay for me. We then went home ordered in Chinese food watched Twister on the telly then I got to Skype with my awesome Sister-In-Law Sarah and that is when we realized that we did have a microphone! So awesome.
Yesterday we slept in so Church didn't happen. We just lazed around, Donovan had marking to do, I did some cleaning and reading. We then went on an adventrous walk where we saw a three wheeled car (hehe), gray squirrels, and fat pigeons. We then made a yummy supper, chatted with Donovan's parents and then read and went to bed!

On a different note. With me not working and not knowing anyone I feel like I could be consumed by depression in an instant, so I stay on top of dishes, keep the house clean, happy music playing, and I sing "I've got the Joy, Joy, Joy, Joy, Down in my Heart" and read my Bible lots! It all helps in different degrees, then yesterday Donovan and I were reading about Joseph. The story of Joseph has always been one of my favourites and every part has spoken to me at different parts of my life so far. We read where Joseph was in prison and the chief wine taster and chief baker were in prison with him and he intrepretted thier dreams. Today I read before and after that...more about Joseph being in prison and how joyful he was and the hope and joy that he clung to. Now, I am not comparing my situation with being in prison at all. More, I'm saying that God is showing me that if people who were in prison and they could still be joyful and give praise to God then I have no excuse to be down. I have so many things to be thankful for! I have an amazing husband who has been blessed with a job that he is happy with, I have food to eat, a wonderful flat that I live in, and hello, I'm in England!

Thank you all for your prayers from both of us. We feel so blessed knowing that you are all back home thinking of us. Blessings on all of you!

Always be full of joy in the Lord. I say it again-rejoice! Let everyone see that you are considerate in all you do. Remember, the Lord is coming soon. Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everyitng. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God's peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus. And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Thing about things that are excellent and worthy of praise. Keep putting into practice all you learned and received from me-everything you heard from me and saw me doing. Then the God of peace will be with you. Philippians 4:4-9

1 comment: