Friday 4 February 2011

Life

Hello all! My third week here is almost past! What a whirlwind it has been. Even though I don't do much during the day the time has seemed to go by rather quickly! We haven't done a lot of sight seeing yet so other then things being a little different it doesn't really feel like I'm in another country! This weekend we are going to put our tourist hats on and tour Northampton. We are going to go to the Church of The Holy Sepulchre and the Northampton Museum and Art Gallery. I am sure we will go other places as well, but those are top of the list! Next weekend Donovan has to go to London for a one day course, we are going to make a weekend out of it, stay in a Hostel and do some sight-seeing! If anyone has somewhere they want us to go to take pictures let me know!!! Then the following weekend it is our anniversary so we are going to Stratford-On-Avon (the home of William Shakespeare) We are both looking forward to that.

The job hunt is still going very slowly, but it is coming along. I am having a hard time trusting God on this one. But, trusting I am. I'm learning how to fill up my time productivly, rather then just sitting around watching TV. I baked muffins for Donovan's English Department yesterday, did laundry, and read! I have also signed up for an online course on Creative Writing. I am really excited to start that on Monday.

That is pretty much it for right now! As we do some more sight seeing and I get a job there will be more juicy things to write about...but for right now, I don't think you want to hear about laundry, yoga, and vacuuming everyday. :)

Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. Yeah I do! (Want to hear about your laundry, yoga and vacuuming adventures, that is)
    London...hmm...well obviously you have to go see Westminster Palace....and Westminster Cathedral. But that's all I can think of first thing in the morning...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh I was wondering when you'd go to London! Obviously you might not want to do these all in one weekend, but you'll love the British Library, Victoria and Albert Museum, and the Notting Hill Portabello market! Then of course there's the British Museum, Buckingham, Tower of London, etc. Best of all, most of these are free! Oh I love London. :) -Amber

    ReplyDelete