Monday 7 February 2011

It's a New Week

Happy Monday!
I have decided that this week is going to be better than last. Last week was a bit of a write-off. I barely did anything productive, I spent my days in a homesickness bubble. No more. I am going to put on some happy music and clean this flat and be joyful!!

We had a wonderful weekend. Saturday was spent walking around Northampton looking for a DHL outlet to send something to lawyers in Canada about the house...that was fun. Then we went for lunch, did some shopping. I bought shoes!!! I am starting to feel human again. I pretty much left all of my shoes back home and we have a wedding we are going to in two weeks and our anniversary is coming up, so I wanted some nice shoes. They are very pretty! Sunday was a struggle to go to church, we were both feeling sorry for ourselves and being grouchy. But we got our act together and got to church. It was really good and we met lots more people and got set up in a small group! It is really out of our way so they are going to keep looking for us, but until then we are going to go to this one. The people that run it are like the Mom and Dad of the church. They are an older couple who are very sweet. They hugged us and we both almost started to cry as it was the first contact we've had since we came here.
After church we went to The Church of the Holy Sepulchre. It was built in the 1100's by a crusader and it is a model of the Holy Sepulchre Church in Jerusalem. Tons of history and so beautiful. Then we went home!

The one thing about this week that makes me sad and is going to be hard to plug through (so pray please!!) On Wednesday...my baby sister turns 18. All I have to do is think about it and I start crying. I miss her so much and I wish I could be there to celebrate this milestone in her life. I love you lil sis!!!

On that cheerful note...I will say goodbye.

God Bless you all this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment