Wednesday 19 October 2011

Haircuts

I have been very spoiled when it comes to my hairdressers. My first hairdresser was also my babysitter. She cut my hair from before she was cutting hair till I moved to Spruce Grove. She knew me. I would ask for something new, she'd look at me and say "umm..no" and talk me out of it because she knew I wouldn't do it. I like having natural curly hair, even though I complain non-stop about it, I like it. I like being able to wet it scrunch with mousse and go about my day. Then when I feel like it I know I could straighten it, curl it, or put it up. It's perfect. Then my second hairdresser...it was fate that we would meet. I needed a haircut, I had gone through a bad couple of years of hair, terrible cuts where they would hack at my hair with razors and dye it blond and I see her in the Starbucks drive-thru...she had beautiful long curly hair and on a whim I ask her "Where do you get your hair-cut? I am new to the area and I need someone who knows how to cut natural curly hair" and it turns out that she is a stylist and she knows how to cut hair and she comes back with a card, I made and appointment and it was love at first haircut! She knows what colours I like and what styles I like and she also talks me out of silly ideas! (Like growing out my hair "shudders")

When I had to look for someone in Northampton, I waited until I couldn't wait any longer and I was spoiled once again. He cut my hair very nicely, he did use a razor....but he didn't hack at my head with it, so I let it go. I liked my cuts, it was all very good. But now, the time has come once again to find a new hairdresser. So, this morning I put on my shoes and my coat and out I went. I went into this place that I had seen the other day on a walk and it seemed nice so I went in...tentatively. I have an appointment on Friday at 10:00am. I am also getting my hair dyed...too many greys are peeping through.

I realize that next to other great calamities in the world this is EXTREMELY trivial...so if you all scoff and think to yourself "Beth, get over it." I will not be offended. ;)

Hopefully I am able to explain what I want (which is something I am terrible at) and that she understands what I want and it goes well...and no hacking with razors occur.

Oh I also hope that Donovan doesn't faint when he sees the price list....... :)

1 comment:

  1. Hey, having a hairdresser you can trust is not a trivial thing by any means, even if you are someone like me who isn't necessarily worried about being "up to date" with the styles and trims away in between cuts to prolong the inevitable expense! haha It's hard to switch and wonder what you are going to look like when you get home. Hope it works out for you.

    ReplyDelete