Monday 10 October 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Canadian Thanksgiving! Today is Thanksgiving day and instead of eating Turkey until I am too stuffed to think; I am sitting in my very clutered living room listening to the workmen fix my bathroom!! (Yipee!)

Saturday was a wonderful day. Donovan and I headed into Bedford around 11 and shopped. He bought some new shoes, shirts and ties. I bought a few new shirts, jumpers, and trousers. (I'm trying to say the proper British words). AND! I bought a beautiful new purse. It is so purty...I love it. We also got a coffee grinder so we can finally grind the coffee that friends have been sending us in packages! We ground some this morning and it was yummy. All in all it was a wonderful day...exactly what we both needed. It got us out of the house and doing things other then sitting in our flat watching TV.

Coming back to the Thanksgiving theme...my church back home had this challenge a couple of weeks ago to post something once a day on Facebook that you are thankful for...I decided to also do this challenge and I did for a few days, but unfortunately I stopped. I have been having a really hard time being thankful. I miss my family terribly and September/October are bad months for missing friends and families birthdays...my nephew, brother, niece and three friends to be specific. I also get so bored sitting in the flat every day. I was really excited about the job I had applied for...and on in the Saturday mail was a letter saying I didn't get it...rather disappointed. But, I am trying to have a good attitude about it. God has something better planned for me and something amazing in store for me and I need to hold on to that and believe it. Also on top of not having the best thankful attitude I have not been sleeping so I wake up ready to kill every morning. The alarm goes off and I have already been awake for hours...This morning I pretty much had to keep myself from talking to Donovan because I was ready to bite his head off at every corner. What makes me the most frustrated about this new me that is emerging...is it isn't me. I am not a grumpy grump. I am the half full girl...I am the sunshine and rainbow girl, the girl who annoys all of my friends and family with the positive side of things. And I am turning into Eeyore!! I like Eeyore...but I am not him. I'm Tigger! So, I request some prayers that I get off my butt and start working on these areas of my life that I'm not happy with. That I start working on my heart, soul and body. That I stop watching 6 hours of TV a day and get outside and meet people. I know that I am never going to be happy continuing on as I have been. I need to turn my worries, fears, and grumps over to God. I need to rejoice that I am alive, healthy, and so very blessed.

So, this was a bit of a vent blog...but being honest is the first step.

Oh, and I was totally going to post a pic of my new purse...but my computer doesn't want to load my pictures off of my camera for some stupid reason known only to it. Maybe another time.


No comments:

Post a Comment