Saturday 30 April 2011

The Royal Wedding and other things...

Yesterday was the Royal Wedding. When I started telling people that we were moving to England the response was "You'll be there for the Royal Wedding" and my response was "I don't really care." But, yesterday, along with millions of people, I was sitting on the couch watching the wedding and I am glad that I did. It wasn't as exciting as it was to other people, I didn't cry, but I do have a larger respect for the happy couple. I wish them all the best and I bless them in the years to come. Donovan even watched with me! I think the best part was when the Bride's brother was doing the reading and Donovan said "They are so British!" Then he proceeded to grin.

I love that about living here. Everybody is so British! People have been telling me right from the beginning right through to yesterday that we fit in really well here. I haven't wanted to agree as of late because I am so terribly homesick and trying really hard not to be negative abou the whole situation. But, we really do suit living here. I just need to figure out how to fit in better. That includes finding a job (keep reading) and a Church home.....

The break is officially over (we are just in the middle of lots of Bank Holidays.) and Donovan still does not have a new position. He is done at Weston Favell and we are just waiting to hear from these other two schools about a job. But, since last week was a three day week and next week is a four day week I don't really expect to hear anything until later in the week. For right now we are just praying that our food will mulitiply and that nothing happens unexpectantly before he finds a job and gets paid. So, please keep that in your prayers.

In other news...I finally applied for a job! Go me!!! I should hear something next week about that as well. Now, I just have to go get my own bank account, National Security Number, and I should be good to go!

And!!! Eighty-Eight days before my mother and sister come!!!! I am so excited! It is going to be a lovely time.

No comments:

Post a Comment