Thursday 1 March 2012

Drawing To An End

On February 9th, 2012 Donovan was called into the Head Teacher's office, twenty minutes before he had parent teacher interviews for the next 3 hours, and was told that at the end of the term (March 30th) he would no longer be needed as they have found a permanent teacher to fill his position. Donovan, in shock, finishes up his interviews, goes home and looks at his contract all while thinking "Can they do this to me?". Well, they can. They have to give a Half-Term's notice (which they did...though not well.) So, of course we were faced with "what do we do?" On Friday Donovan and I Skyped and he told me. I smiled and said "Yay! We can come home! This is really good sweetie!" When I got home on Sunday we talked about it and made plans very quickly. At the end of March we will be coming back to Canada. For good. As of this moment I will be coming home March 21st and Donovan will be following April 4th (Once he is done teaching.)

Donovan has applied for some teaching positions back in Canada starting middle of March, otherwise he will look into getting a job working construction somewhere and I will also look into a job. Of course Donovan's overall goal is to find a full-time teaching position for September and we will be looking all over Alberta for that.

I have been super busy cleaning, organizing, de-junking, packing, and trying very hard not to have a panic attack!

The scariest part of all of this is The Unknown. Not knowing where we will be working, not knowing where we will be going. I know that this is a perfect opportunity for me to trust in God and to rely wholly on him. Not as easy as it sounds. If I don't think about EVERYTHING that has to get done and just focus on one thing at a time I find I stay way more calm. Listening to Worship Music and praying while working really helps...and knowing that I have no control..that helps as well.

I would like to ask for prayers over the next little while...there is a list. :)
- That Donovan and I would not over stress about moving
- That jobs would line up from April till the end of the summer
- That a Full-Time Teaching position for Donovan would open up
- Peace in everything
- That we would remember to praise and thank God through all of this

Thank you everyone!






1 comment:

  1. yay beth - what an adventure you two are on - LIFE! :) Praying for the two of you and looking forward to having you closer to home. God will open doors, He always does. Father I thank you for their time in England and thank you for where they will be going once back in Alberta. (tho it would be nice if they don't have to live very far away.... ) May His face continue to shine down upon you and give you peace - love you! p.s. we can plan another girls weekend and look at all your photos!!!

    ReplyDelete