Thursday 14 July 2011

Unicorns and Rainbows

I promised you all Unicorns and Rainbows...so here you go!  I actually really like this picture! I should mention that this was my sister-in-law Sarah's idea...she suggested that I put up a picture of a unicorn with a rainbow...and let me tell you that google images comes up with some very weird pictures when you type in "Unicorns and Rainbows" Yup...very strange indeed. :D


My mom and sister show up on Sunday! I am beyond excited! The house is clean and all I have left to do is make up their bed (which I need Donovan's help with...so I have to wait) and on Saturday we have to get some groceries and I'll need to vacuum. But other then that I am so ready!!! They are bringing with them lots of treats and goodies that we are missing along with our summer wardrobe! So ready for that. We are going to do many things, lots of day-trips to be planned. Mama is going to Bristol/Bath to visit a friend for 4 days and during that time we are going to London to visit some friends of Donovan's that will be in London for the same 4 days! Ruth will have to tag along...poor her. Something tells me she'll survive. Then Dad arrives August 5th and we leave 2 days later to the Lake District and we will be there for 8 days! We will be visiting Hadrian's Wall, Scotland, Pemberly, and many other wonderful sights!

In other news Donovan has been really enjoying his commute...but really glad that it is only for a season as we are starting to really not enjoy waking up at 4:50am. Somebody (me) is really grumpy that early in the morning. Even though I am waking up voluntarily to make his breakfast for him and I am happy to do it...I am just done with waking up that early. He has worked 4/4 so far this week! Hopefully he works tomorrow as well...then next week his paycheck will be so very pretty! JSA (the company that handles payroll) has been really dumb the last couple weeks...so dumb that he was only payed 61 pounds last week (when he should have gotten 360) and we couldn't pay rent. Our landlord is the greatest though and said we could pay tomorrow. So, we are praying that they pay us...we should be getting close to 800 pounds. So, they better pay up or we will not be very happy with them.

I have been doing quite well with keeping the house clean. We had a viewing of the flat on Tuesday so that helps. I have gotten into a nice routine of cleaning the bedroom/bathroom as I get ready in the morning and then I move into the kitchen and get it all tidy. I didn't do the dishes this morning, but mainly because there wasn't enough for me to justify filling the sink up for. I did them after lunch though!

Exercising hasn't been happening because I have had a cold the last week and a half or so...but I am doing better so I really should just get my butt outside and go. I was doing my yoga but I am going strictly by memory and I couldn't remember all I was supposed to do and I did one move wrong and now, my back hurts...so Sarah (My AWESOME sister in-law and old yoga partner) was going to help me...but today was Skype date two to "do yoga" and we didn't do any. :) We meant to...if that helps. There are still some stretches I can do that I remember and I have been doing those.

Eating healthy...well, when you are on a strict budget like we have been on...it's really hard to eat healthy, but I've been trying!

Spiritually...Well, I've been listening to worship music a lot more then I was. It helps that my mom bought me a new Bible (I packed mine...hehe ooops!) And we just have Donovan's and I like to write and highlight and he doesn't....so it's been difficult to share. So that will help things. God is still working new and wonderful things in us and we are growing in many ways and I am thankful for all that he is teaching us. Even when it hurts. Last week when we had to ask our landlord for a week's grace and Donovan came back from asking and he said yes and everything I burst into tears and said "I'm done with being an adult! Fun's over I just want to be a little girl again!" Yeah, that's not going to happen. :)

I hope to blog while my family is here, but I do want to enjoy every second they are here. Talk to you all soon....maybe :)

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh fooey! I had written quite the comment, and then I went to add a link, and forgot to open it in a new tab to copy the address, and so I lost it all when I moved off this page. GRRRRRRR! Well, here goes, gonna try it again... GAH!
    So, yeah for you for house cleaning and all that :) And it's been wonderful to talk to you twice this week!! And thanks for the picture!! :D hehe.
    And, yes, somedays I too long to go back to the blissful easy existence of childhood... but we must grow up, and the problem with growing up is it's usually accompanied by the independent spirit, which isn't good, since we're supposed to "be like the children"... the independent spirit and how it keeps us from being effective and close to God came up in the Sunday service... so we're to be like children, who not only have no limitations or pre-conceived notions about anything, including God (so their faith can be great, since God has no limitations, like many adults place on Him), and to have the dependence a child has, so to be dependent on God as a child of God, with trust. But it must be balanced with maturity, since we are called to mature, and to take our place as co-heirs, and learn to rule the kingdom and have authority, and you can't rule or have authority if you're immature, but neither can you have it if you are independent. So it's a fine line that I totally struggle with... ugh. But there's some great stuff on that: http://preparingtheway.net/2011/06/20/daddy-save-me/ and Mel (another or my sister-in-laws) write a good article on trust: http://melaniemorel.blogspot.com/2011/02/gratitude-is-essence-of-trust.html
    And yeah for the trials, refining, and teaching He is putting you through, since it is to train you up in trust, faith, and maturity in balance with dependence, to be able to take your place as co-heirs with Christ and have authority. And everything is for the Glory of the Lord, and your faith and trust (dependence) in this time brings Him joy, and the joy of the Lord is your strength!! (by the way, that reminds me of a song on Shine and there's a couple good songs on there right now, and you should listen to it... plus it's a piece of home! http://cjry.streamon.fm/ <--- good times. We can listen "together" :D I listen to it on my drive to and from school!
    Anyhow, this is long and I have Stats to do. Love you! Bless you! And yeah, you get to see your family soon!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Sarah! Yes, it is really difficult and complicated...yet not complicated. I hope that once we start going to church in the fall and getting to know people and breaking out of our little bubble we have built things will start to get better.

    ReplyDelete