Monday 18 July 2011

Oh Happy Day!

Well, they are here! Words can't explain just how happy I am that they are here or what I felt when they came through those doors at the bus station. I am going to take you back to yesterday morning so that you can re-live it with me.

Yesterday morning Donovan woke up at 4:30am and went off to go meet Mama and Ruth at the airport and I attempted to go back to sleep; It didn't work. I had a shower, smoothed the wrinkles off the bed, vacuumed, cleaned everything there was to clean...twice! Then it was time! I donned my shoes and jacket, grabbed my umbrella and bus ticket and off I went. As I rode the bus I had the biggest smile of my face as we got closer and closer to the bus station. Then, I get off the bus and I start looking everywhere for them! I can't see them, and as I wasn't sure which bus they were on I sat in the middle of the station and I looked both ways...then I heard one of the doors open and I look and I saw Donovan. I smiled a huge smile and started walking and trying oh so hard not to run, but then my beautiful sister walked through the door and there was nothing I could do to stop myself from running! I hugged her long and hard and then my mom. Tears came to my eyes as I couldn't believe that they were actually there. I feel like I am living a dream. We came home, had some lunch then I allowed my mom to have a nap and Ruth was tired as well but wanted to watch Gilmore Girls, so we did...or should I say, Donovan and I did...Ruth was asleep within minutes! Then we went for a walk to get some groceries, came home played some Uno, had supper then they went to bed!

This morning I sent Donovan off then I chilled with Mama for a little while then she went back to bed. I am about to go wake her up though if our noisy neighbourhood doesn't do it for me! I am ridiculously happy right now. At different moments I just want to cry because of how happy I am! They are here! It has been a very hard six months but now I have my mommy and my sister for some cuddles and a wonderful visit!

The plan for this week is to stay close to home so that they can fight the jet lag and Donovan works this week. So, we will go for walks, go into town, do some shopping, maybe go to the Art Gallery here in town. On Friday we are doing a London Day! See the sights and take many many pictures! I will be posting pictures as I have them so keep an eye out on my Facebook page!!
                                                                 My weary travelers!

3 comments:

  1. Lol, Ruth is going to hate you for that picture :)

    I'm so happy for you...I can picture the scene in the bus station. It brings tears to my eyes! So awesome for you to have them there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, not too happy was she. She'll get over it eventually though. :)

    Thanks Katy, it is so awesome to have them here.

    ReplyDelete